Frequently Asked Questions



What if the deaf or hard-of-hearing person does not know sign language?

C-Print Services are available and can be scheduled just as you schedule an interpreter. C-Print uses a personal laptop computer that enables the person to receive information using text, similar to Closed Caption.

What is the role of the interpreter?

A sign language interpreter acts as an intermediary in a communication-related situation so that the participants, both deaf and hearing, can understand each other.

What if the deaf or hard-of-hearing person tells me he/she has a preference of one or more interpreters?

Please ask the deaf or hard-of-hearing person for the name of the interpreter(s). If at all possible, we will provide that interpreter. If it is not possible, we will contact you and if necessary (and feasible), the deaf or hard-of-hearing individual to determine whether other available interpreters are acceptable.

Why do some assignments require a team of interpreters?

In team interpreting, interpreters rotate at regular intervals, usually 20 to 30 minutes, while providing continuity in the message transmission. Rotation greatly reduces mental and physical fatigue by allowing a shift of tasks. Continuity is assured as all team members remain present and actively involved, thereby maintaining awareness of the content and context of the information being transmitted.

How much advance notice do I need to request an interpreter?

As soon as you become aware of the need for an Interpreter, please contact us. If you wait until the last minute, it may be more difficult to coordinate interpreting services. In addition, requests made at the last minute may be charged an additional fee.

What happens in counseling?

Counseling begins with a comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment to clearly define current concerns and to gather background information. Once the concerns are clearly defined, the counselor and client work together to establish specific treatment goals.

How do I schedule an appointment with a counselor?

Call our office (330) 376-9494 extension 209 and our staff will schedule a Diagnostic Assessment with a counselor. For this appointment, you will be asked to bring proof of income, your insurance card, and photo ID.

You may also read, download and print our intake forms in advance and bring them with you to your appointment.

Do you accept my insurance?

We accept Medicaid and most private insurance plans for mental health counseling services. If you don’t have any insurance, your fee will be established based on our Sliding Fee Scale. Please call our office and one of our staff can assist you with any insurance concerns.

I don’t have any income or insurance. Can I still be seen for counseling?
Please call 330-376-9494 extension 209 and our staff can assist you with your payment concerns.

Who are your counselors?
Our counseling staff are caring, culturally sensitive clinicians. Our clinicians are licensed and have a Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Chemical Dependency Substance Abuse.
What is the cost for the Anger Management and Parenting Group?

Fees for Anger Management and Parenting groups will be based on insurance and/or income. Fees must be paid in full in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Medicaid and private insurance is accepted in most cases. Please call our office (330) 376-9494 extension 209 for additional information.


When are counseling services offered?
Our counseling services are offered anytime Monday thru Thursday 9am to 7pm and we also offer some Friday hours.
Who can be seen for counseling?
Children ages 7 and up and adults.